Fort Worth Criminal Defense Attorney Navid Alband has recently been selected for membership into The National Trial Lawyers: Top 40 Under 40, which recognizes legal professionals who are considered among the most qualified trial lawyers within their states or regions. This invitation-only, elite group specifically recognizes top attorneys who were under the age of 40 at the time they were nominated for membership (as opposed to The National Trial Lawyers: Top 100 Trial Lawyers, which does not have an age restriction). Membership is only extended to criminal defense and civil plaintiff litigators, with existing members undergoing re-evaluation each year.
Here are the criteria that are used in The National Trial Lawyers' selection process:
- Trial achievements (verdicts and settlements)
- Ratings/rankings by the nation's top lawyer evaluation organizations
- Reputation within the lawyer's legal field (among both professional peers and the general public)
- Leadership/membership in other trial lawyer organizations
- Board certification in trial law
- Nominations from current members (including Executive Committee members) and other top attorneys
Attorney Alband's inclusion in The National Trial Lawyers: Top 40 Under 40 is a major professional accomplishment that demonstrates his sharp litigation skills. Mr. Alband, of The Alband Law Firm, has the advantage of having worked on both sides of criminal law since he spent years working as a prosecutor for the Tarrant County District Attorney's Office before becoming a criminal defense lawyer. While he was a prosecutor, he litigated more than 100 trials before juries. The other organizations in which Mr. Alband maintains membership include the Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association, the Tarrant County Criminal Defense Lawyers Association, the State Bar of Texas and the Bar in the United States District Court, The Northern District of Texas.