Ecstasy Offenses in Fort Worth
Drug Crimes Involving Ecstasy in Fort Worth
Ecstasy, also known as MDMA, remains one of the most popular recreational drugs in the world despite its illegal status worldwide. The Dallas/Fort Worth area ranks well above the national average in emergency room visits related to club drugs such as Ecstasy. While most of the MDMA continues to be manufactured in Europe there is an increase in this drug's production in Mexico. As we are located in an active drug trafficking corridor this leads to a higher availability sale and use which in turn leads to a much higher level of law enforcement to stem its distribution and use.
If you have been caught in an Ecstasy drug offense the chances are strong that you will require the best in defense from a seasoned Fort Worth drug crime defense lawyer. Contact us today for your free consultation.
Punishment for Simple Possession of Ecstasy or MDMA
If you have arrested and charged with simple possession of Ecstasy (MDMA) then the punishments under the Texas Health and Safety Code, Section 481, are based upon weight:
- Possession of under a 1 gram is a state felony, which carries a mandatory minimum of 180 days and a maximum of 2 years in county jail. The fines can go up to $10,000.
- Possession of 1 gram and up to 4 grams becomes a 3rd degree felony. This carries a mandatory 2 year term and can go up to 10 years. The fines can go up to $10,000.
- Possession of 4 grams and up to 400 grams becomes a 2nd degree felony. This has a mandatory 2 year sentence but can go up to 20 years. The fines can go up to $10,000.
- Possession of 400 grams or more carries a mandatory 5 year term but can be given up to life imprisonment.
Punishment for Possession of Ecstasy (MDMA) with Intent to Distribute
Under Texas Health and Safety Code, Section 481, the penalties become stiffer if manufacturing MDMA or the intent to distribute is deemed to be present. The main difference is that the minimum mandatory terms become longer.
- Under a 1 gram is a state felony and its punishment remains as above.
- For an amount of 1 gram up to 4 grams the maximum term can go up to 20 years.
- From 4 grams to up to 400 grams becomes a 1st degree felony and the minimum term is 5 years and the maximum can be life imprisonment.
- At 400 grams or more the minimum mandatory term becomes 10 years.
We realize how serious this crime and the consequences can be for you. You need excellent and strong legal help if facing such charges. Get answers and get help by contacting a Fort Worth ecstasy or MDMA drug crime defense attorney today.
Extremely relieved.- John
Thanks to Mr. Alband, a two-count indicted felony case was dismissed completely.- Ann
I just wanted to say thank you!- C.F.
Genuine kindness is no ordinary act.- V.B.
I am sincerely indebted to you.- R.S.