Defending DWI Cases
Do You Need to Defend Against a DWI?
When you are charged with a DWI, you face fines, jail time, driver's license suspension and community service; therefore, it is important to defend yourself. Fortunately police often make mistakes giving you defenses against your charge. Experienced DWI lawyers know of these defenses and are skilled at employing them to get a not guilty verdict on your behalf. Therefore if you have been charged with a DWI, it is urged that you contact a lawyer.
Defenses Available against a DWI Charge
Most defenses against DWI charges stem from police mistakes. Here are some:
- The policeman stops you on the basis of an anonymous phone call. He must know who it was who called.
- A policeman stops you on a hunch with no objective reason.
- The technician fails to follow the Department of Public Safety's rules in administrating the alcohol testing.
- The policeman stops you for a violation you did not commit.
- The policeman stops you for driving too slow but can name no specific code violation you violated.
- You are arrested on the basis of your statements alone with no other evidence of your guilt.
- The policeman stops you for no other reason than to check driver license and car registration.
Qualified Legal Representation
At Alband, Lane & Balderama, we are an energetic DWI law firm serving Fort Worth, Texas. We are prepared to utilize defenses to mount a vigorous courtroom challenge to DWI charges. We are also skilled in obtaining a reduction of penalties through a variety of tools.
We invite you to meet with us and we will explore your case for defenses. We will then advise how we can help you. Contact us today.
Extremely relieved.- John
Thanks to Mr. Alband, a two-count indicted felony case was dismissed completely.- Ann
I just wanted to say thank you!- C.F.
Genuine kindness is no ordinary act.- V.B.
I am sincerely indebted to you.- R.S.