Multiple DWI in Texas
Tarrant County DWI Attorney
Texas has strict laws against drunk driving, and with each subsequent DWI offense drivers will face increased penalties and restrictions. Under state law, conviction for multiple DUI offenses will result in heavy fines, incarceration, license suspension, and other consequences. If you are charged with your second or third DWI offense, do not wait to enlist skilled defense for your case. With the counsel of a knowledgeable criminal defense lawyer in Tarrant County, Texas you can fight to have your charges and penalties reduced.
Penalties for Second DWI in Texas
A second DUI offense will be charged as a Class A Misdemeanor and conviction will lead to harsh sentencing.
Penalties will include:
- Fines : A second DWI conviction will result in fines up to $4,000
- Incarceration : For a second offense, you will be sentenced to a minimum of 30 days to a maximum of 1 year in county jail
- Driver's License Suspension : Your driver's license will be suspended for a minimum of 180 days to a maximum of 2 years for a second DWI
- Community Service : The judge will order you to serve a minimum of 80 hours to a maximum of 200 hours of community service
- Ignition Interlock Device : As a condition of your release from jail, you will be required to install an ignition interlock device in your vehicle for the entirety of your probation
- Alcohol Education Program : The judge may order you to complete an alcohol education or intervention program
Penalties for Third DWI in Texas
A third offense of driving while intoxicated in Texas will be charged as a Third Degree Felony.
If convicted, your sentencing will include the following penalties:
- Fines : A third DUI offense will lead to fines up to $10,000
- Incarceration : For conviction of a third DWI, you will be sentenced to a minimum of 2 years to a maximum of 10 years in state prison
- Driver's License Suspension : Your driver's license will be suspended for a minimum of 180 days to a maximum of 2 years
- Community Service : For a third DWI conviction the judge will order a minimum of 160 hours to a maximum of 600 hours of community service
- Ignition Interlock Device : As a condition of your release and any occupational or provisional license you will be required to install an ignition interlock device in your vehicle
- Alcohol Education Program : The judge will order you to complete an alcohol treatment or intervention program for a third conviction of DWI
Need a lawyer for your second or third DWI in Tarrant County, Texas?
Alband, Lane & Balderama is dedicated to providing clients in Tarrant County with aggressive and effective defense against all types of DWI charges. We build detailed defenses that expose the weaknesses in the prosecution's case and seek reduced charges and penalties for our clients.
If you would like to learn how our firm can help you fight a second or third DWI charge, contact us today to discuss your case!
Extremely relieved.- John
Thanks to Mr. Alband, a two-count indicted felony case was dismissed completely.- Ann
I just wanted to say thank you!- C.F.
Genuine kindness is no ordinary act.- V.B.
I am sincerely indebted to you.- R.S.